Sunday, December 30, 2007

Quilt Finally Done

I can't remember if I posted about this or not, but I finally finally finally finally finished Bubba's quilt. It was an easy quilt, but it took me over a year to actually finish it. This was the quilt I will always think of the one haunting me to finish it. Plus, Bubba would often say - "Is my quilt done yet?" I swear he was just trying to make me feel guilty. This quilt was just not a fun quilt to do. And I had a butt load of extra time this past year. I would put it away for awhile, and then work on it for a bit, and then put it away again. It's good to actually have it done now. Oh, I'm so so so glad this bastard is done. Here are pictures:

This is the top:

Christmas_2007 002

this is the back ( do ya like the race flag like pattern? Or does it want to make you want to have a fit?):

Christmas_2007 005

Here is a close up of the material:

Christmas_2007 003

Bubba picked out the fabric all by himself. It is a sports theme and a race car theme. Doesn't necessarily go together, but it is certainly a boy quilt. This is one of the reasons I didn't love this quilt. The colors didn't go well together.

Anyway, I'm really glad to get that one done, and I've started on my next quilt, which has been quite fun to work on so far. But, seriously time consuming. However, since I'm on vacation - I'm indulging in my current hobby. I don't get to do that much. This isn't a quilting blog - but, I write about my finished quilt about once a year. :)

Tomorrow, we will be going to a friends house for New Year's Eve. The kids all get along and we get along with both the husband and the wife. I'm very very much looking forward to it. We always drink a little too much and the kids are so whiny the next day because they were up too late the night before and we are always a little hungover, but it's still a fun evening. I guess it must be because we keep going back year after year.

That's all for now!

No comments: