Monday, February 2, 2009

Bleh...

It's already 10pm... I should go to bed.... I'm feeling rather bleh... I hope that I'm not coming down with something. I've been relatively healthy (minus the allergy issues) for quite a while. But, I just feel run down, for no particular reason. So, I'm guessing that my body is gearing up for a cold of some sort. But, I could be wrong.

I suppose I should do a book update.

I read Wally Lamb's most recent book, "The Hour I First Believed." It was a good book (not as good as his other ones, in my opinion.) But it felt like there were 3 separate books trapped in there. It didn't feel at all tied in at the end. But, it was still a good read - dark, like all of his books.

I've also recently read Traveling Light by Katrina Kittle. It is about a woman who goes and helps her brother who is dying of AIDS. I very much enjoyed the characters in this book. It got a bit "preachy" at times. But, the characters were real and I feel like I could be friends with them. At one part of the book, I teared up (which is totally and completely weird for me.) However, if you are at all homophobic - this book is not for you. Or maybe it is - I don't know.

I've recently read a couple of James Patterson's books - 1st to Die and 2nd Chance. These are fluffy mysteries. Good for mind numbing relaxation.

Currently I'm reading Driving Sideways by Jess Riley and I'm liking it so far. It's about a woman who had a kidney transplant and has decided to go on a road trip. Sounds boring - but I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it.

No comments: