Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Wish I Could Do Better for You

I wish I had a super exciting and wonderful post to write for you. It's been awhile. I don't. I suck.

So - the infamous bulleted list of happenings:

  • Our yard is finally coming along. We have sidewalks, walls, decent dirt, pots and plants and trees. They just have to paint the walls, seal the sidewalks, put in the sod and the bark. It's looking REALLY nice. SO much better than I had expected.
  • I'm headed to Fresno with Prissy tomorrow for a baton competition.
  • Work has really amped up - and is hitting some stressful notes. However, I'm ultimately grateful for my new job. There are some serious layoffs at my previous company. I have no doubt that I would have been layed off.
  • Softball and Baseball season has officially started. Bubba - ROCKING the baseball. He has an incredible coach this year (YAY!) and he's just exploded in baseball-ness. Prissy is pitching and loving Softball.
  • Jade has a bit of a fan club. There is a group of little girls (and a boy) that watch her lesson. They are probably under 8 or so. They think she is just the bees knees. One of them pulled out her cell phone and started recording Prissy's lesson. They say things like, "OMG (the letters, not the words) she is INCREDIBLE!" They go get sticks and try to do the tricks that she does. It makes me laugh. Prissy is all super cool. I can see it on her face, "Yes, I am awesome. I will sign autographs after my lesson." *laugh*
  • Hubby and I are testing for our blackbelts a week from tomorrow. Unfortunately, Hubby SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY pulled a muscle at class on Monday and cannot currently do any Taekwondo at all. I really doubt that he will be able to test next week. I have to decide if I'm going to test without him or wait another 3 months. We made this journey together - it's sort of sad if I go ahead and test next week. (BUT I'M SO READY AND EXCITED TO TEST!!!!) I guess on the flip side - I'd have a videographer. :) Any suggestions?
  • Spring is here - I love the warmer temperatures. It makes my heart happy.
  • Bubba is being his typical Bubba self - he won this super award for doing a great deed and got all this special recognition. Then, he gets in trouble for not paying attention in gym and the principal calls. Yikes! This boy is like night and day - you never know what you are going to get.
  • Bubba is going back to speech therapy through the school. They are going to help him with his R's and with his vocal quality (due to the nodules on his vocal chords). I talked to the speech therapist today and she told me how cute he was. Bubba is a CUTE kid. Absolutely adorable, and charming like you wouldn't believe. However - I told her to be aware that he is very charming and to not let him get away with stuff. Neither Hubby nor I are very charming - I have no idea where he got this.

See - just random stuff. I really need to post some picks of our front yard. Soon....

No comments: