Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Allergy Test

I have the first of two allergy tests tomorrow. Can I tell you that I'm dreading it a little bit? Ok, I'm dreading it A LOT!

Tomorrow is the environmental allergy test - the last time I had this I was probably 12 years old. I think I ended up being allergic to everything and I was absolutely miserable and itchy and uncomfortable. However, when I moved from Kansas to the Sacramento Valley my allergies went away. So, I've always just said I was allergic to Kansas. However, the Sacramento Valley is supposed to be notoriously bad for pollen allergies.

However, my allergist told me with the symptoms that I described he thought I was more sensitive to molds than to pollens. So, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Then next week - I have my food test - I'm really really not looking forward to that either. My doctor gave me an epipen (FOR ME!!!) when I saw him. He was showing me how to use it, and then I pulled out my trainer and told him I was quite familiar with it and often taught other people how to use it. :D He was not impressed and continued to teach me. Whatever. I thought that it was funny that I had a trainer and he didn't.

****

Right now - hubby has been engulfed in softball board stuff. He has been putting the teams together and has been putting 4-5 hours a night and then at least 12-14 hours both weekend days. I jokingly say I'm a softball widow. I don't think he knew exactly what he was getting into when he joined the board. But, I also think the other members might be taking a bit of advantage of him - because he actually DOES stuff. But, shhhh, don't tell him I said that.

No comments: