Monday, January 5, 2009

iPhone Update

I haven't written recently about my iphone. I got a 3G iPhone for Christmas - and it is just so freaking cool.

I have to tell you about a cool app - it's amazon's free app. Today, I was sitting at baton and the other mom's and I were talking about having birthday's around the holidays. Prissy's birthday is this Sunday and it always sneaks up on me. I focus so much on Christmas, and then I realize I have so much work to do to prepare for Prissy's birthday. I was telling this other mom that we have several family birthdays.... Ummm.... OH NO! I had forgotten about my nephew's birthday, which happens to be the same day as Prissy's. OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!!! I knew what I wanted to get him (found it at Christmas time - I just thought that I would get it after Christmas was over.)

So, I pull up the amazon app on my iPhone. Search for the toy, put it in my cart - Amazon has all the addresses I usually send to - I select my SIL, choose gift wrap options and WAHLAH! Done! Gift will be there by Thursday. All done in less than 10 minutes.

I love my iPhone, I love Amazon. Not too many years ago, I would have to worry like crazy, and had to go shopping on my lunch hour, wrap the dang thing in my car, take it to the post office and pay a small fortune to get it there in time and still not make it back to work in time. Technology rocks my world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what happen to the old iphone?

Hecticmom Undone said...

I still have it. I should probably put it up on ebay. Maybe I'll be nice and give it to hubby. But, he prolly wants a 3G one. :D