Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

I spent "four years prostrate to the higher mind"* at the University of Kansas. Actually, I spent five years - with a short interlude for an internship at Intel - which landed me a nice job upon graduation.

I slept in a tent outside of Allen Fieldhouse to make sure I got good seats at the basketball games. I screamed my heart out at the games and cheered "The ROOF! The ROOF! The ROOF is on FIRE!!! We don't need no water let the mother fucker BURN!!!"*



So - this - this is awesome. And it makes me happy I'm a jayhawk. There are several jayhawks out here in Sacramento California. And several jayhawks that I work with - which is sort of weird that there are so many of us. But anyway - we all wore our KU apparel today.

And I just have to say - GO KU!!!!!

* If you know where these lyrics came from you get bonus points for the day.

No comments: