Thursday, October 9, 2008

Damn Stressed Out Toothfairy

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Prissy lost a tooth. Prissy is 9 years old, and on the verge of figuring out THE BIG SCAM. But, we still all pretend that everything is real.

However, this morning, I woke up in a panic at 5am - OH SHIT! The toothfairy didn't come! I woke up Hubby - did he know if the toothfairy came? He said no, she didn't.

So, I raced downstairs and got the toothfairy payment. And then raced back upstairs. I don't see well at night. And I mean I really really don't see well at night. Anyway, I went into Prissy's room to make the payment and Jasmine walks in front of me or something, I trip over her and fall. Prissy snorts and turns over. I stand up and run the hell out of her room. I go back into our bedroom and wake Hubby back up and tell him that I can't do it. I woke Prissy up. I'm really wanting him to do it, but he's clearly not getting up. He mutters something like, "Oh well," or "Fuck off." I really couldn't tell.

So, I wait a few minutes and try it again. I go in and Prissy had an entire ton of stuffed animals around her bed, but I didn't see them. I almost fall on her this time. But, I didn't. I stand on the other side of her animals and make the long long reach under the pillow. JACKPOT! I retrieve the little tooth pillow. She snorts again and rolls over. Yikes! I should mention at this point - Prissy is a VERY light sleeper in the morning. All I have to do is turn on her light in the morning and she's wide awake. We get up about 5:45 on our running days, so it's rather close to wake up time for her. So, I high tail it out of her room with the tooth pillow. I do the exchange and then throw the tooth pillow back into her room. I figure she'll be fine if she finds the stash on her floor.

However, she probably woke up while I was stumbling around and thought, "Why is mommy drunk in my room again. Dang it - she needs to leave my tooth pillow alone so the toothfairy can find it!"

Needless to say, I wasn't able to go back to sleep.

No comments: