Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life Change

Well, I guess I will speak of it on my blog. It is somewhat all consuming in my life right now.

I have quit my job. I got a new and different job back at my old company working for my old boss (whose job I took over almost 2 years ago now.) My new-old boss is fantastic and I cannot wait to work for him again. My last day is on Friday and I start my new job on Monday.

However, my life has been pretty stressful these last two weeks. I told NIB (New Italian Boss) the news while I was in Italy last week. (but seriously, how many people can say that they went to Italy to quit their job?) Telling NIB was somewhat (ok - ALOT) freeing. But, telling my staff and then subsequently the rest of my team has been really really hard. I love my team - really. They are absolutely amazing and wonderful. They make me laugh until I cry at least twice a week. I will miss them completely. Many of them I hired right out of school - so, I feel like I have had a hand in "raising" them in the career world. Okay, maybe not. *laugh* I am sad beyond words about leaving the team.

I told my team yesterday, and last night, I was just sick to my stomach. I don't know if it was stress, or a bug I picked up from the airplane. I had to go to bed early. My team was not happy either - I was being super-poked all over on facebook. I EVEN HAD PALIN THROWN AT ME! *laugh*

On the other hand, I'm really excited about my new opportunity. I will be doing something totally different. I get to learn a whole new set of skills. I get to work for a person I totally respect. I get to work for a person who totally respects me. I get to make decisions again. I get to be listened to again. I cannot tell you how much I need this.

I now very much understand the word bittersweet.

1 comment:

Kristine Taylor said...

Congrats! I quit my job this year and getting away from my terrible boss was incredibly freeing. I face different challenges now and I miss the people I used to work with, but at least the grass is still greener! Kudos to you and best of luck on the new venture!