Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our First 5K!

Today Prissy and I ran our 5K. We have been training for this thing for the past 3 months. I'm going to cross that puppy off of "My Things to do Before I Die" list. We ran the entire way. Our time was 34 mins and 57 seconds. While that is not super speedy - we ran the entire way. I cannot tell you how proud I am of Prissy. And how excited that I did it myself! She was such an inspiration to me. I've never had anything that actually pushed me to get up on our running mornings - but, needing to get up because I didn't want to disappoint my daughter was quite the inspiration.

Here are a few pictures:

Here is a picture from before the race. We took it in the parking lot. It was FREEZING this morning:
5k 001

Prissy and I saw an older girl from her baton team and she was volunteering at the race. She was an official "cheerer." About 2.5 miles into the race, we came around a bend and her teammate was there with 5 other girls and they did a little cheer just for her. This is what we hear: "1, 2, 3 - Keep it up Prissy! You're doing GREAT!" from 6 high schoolers. They didn't say anyone else's name. So, it made her feel really really special. Seems like everywhere Prissy goes she's got friends and people cheering for her. Maybe this girl will be president one day. :)

Anyway, we ran the entire thing! About the last 1/4 of a mile I was starting to get really tired. But, we kept on trucking. Here is a few pictures of us after the race:

5k 005

5k 006

5k 007

5k 008

The place had a TON of different activities there. Here is one of the bouncy house:
5k 010

Here is a picture with Digger the River Cats Mascot:
5k 011

Here is Prissy playing horseshoes:
5k 012

Here are our numbers:
5k 014

Afterward, we decided we needed a little bit of pampering and went and got our toes done. I'm not sure if I should be concerned that Prissy's toes are longer than mine already (my foot is on the left):
5k 016

Anyway, we had a really fun time. We are both so proud of each other. We're taking the next two weeks off (while I'm traveling) and then we're planning on doing another 5K on Thanksgiving - the Turkey Trot. :)

No comments: