Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Every year we go to the pumpkin patch. This year we didn't actually get any pumpkins because, it's sort of a PITA. At this particular place, you have to ride out on a hayride, which is not so nice. Then, go out and pick your pumpkins off of the vine, then wait for another hayride to come and get you. You have to fight your way back onto the hayride with your pumpkins and kids and then ride back. Get back off the hayride and pay for your pumpkins and then somehow get them to your car which is quite far. So, I'll just pick up the pumpkins from Safeway or something.

BUT - there is a TON of other stuff at this particular pumpkin patch. I have pictures! (probably WAY more than you want to see, but, I don't really care.)

We first arrived and took our first picture in front of the fake patch. This is the pictorial patch and not the patch you actually pick pumpkins from.
misc 007

Then they were just being silly:
misc 008

misc 009

I thought this was a really cool idea. Most people that come to this particular patch come every year. However, this is the first year they have had this particular attraction up. I wish it was up 3 or 4 years ago.
misc 011

misc 013

Then off to the corn maze we went. This is always really fun - except when it's raining. This is a GIGANTIC corn maze. They leave little questions all through the maze that you have to try to answer. So, it makes it fun for both the kids and adults.
misc 014

misc 015

misc 016

misc 017

I was taking this picture of the kids through the corn and Hubby "popped" in:
misc 018

Then, we were off to the Marble Mining. They give the kids a plastic baggie and let them mine for marbles for 10 minutes and they can keep 10 marbles. This is usually the highlight of the trip:
misc 019

Here is Prissy - see that french braid? Yeah, I did it. I'm so proud of myself. I just learned recently. I'm not sure how I could be a girl without being able to french braid. However, one day, my daughter pulls open her hair book and shows me the instructions with pictures and tells me that I must learn. *laugh*
misc 020

Then we were off to the pig races. I didn't get any pictures of the pigs actually racing, just the kids before the races started. Bubba wasn't so happy to be pulled off of the slides.
misc 021

Then we went on the oh-so-fun train ride.
misc 022

This picture was taken by Prissy, she did a good job:
misc 024

Notice the pumpkin tunnel coming up. THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER on this particular train ride:
misc 030

Just some random pictures:
misc 033

misc 034

misc 036

misc 038

My two favorite pictures from the day:
misc 039

misc 040

Then off to the petting zoo:
misc 047

misc 048

Then, there is this bouncy-like thing. I'm not sure what it is. Old mattresses maybe covered in hay? I don't know. But, it's springy and fun for everyone to jump on:
misc 052

misc 053

misc 057

misc 059

It was getting cool, so, we decided to get some fresh hot apple cider and cocoa for Bubba:
misc 061

misc 062

1 comment:

Katie said...

How fun! You all are so cute! What a happy family :)