Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stupid Bulleted List

Tonight I have so many things buzzing around in my head. I figured I'd do the bullet list update.

  • Prissy went to the allergist yesterday and he gave us some hope on the peanut allergy front. He was at a food allergy conference this past weekend - and the immunotherapy research is really going well. Patients are given controlled amounts of peanut flour to put under their tongue and the dosage is increased bit by bit and it has been showing to make peanut allergic people less sensitive. He said there should probably be something mainstream in the next 5-10 years. This is just awesome news. The not awesome news is that Prissy's peanut allergy is still as present as ever - and still crazy bad. I thought it might be getting better - because she hasn't had a reaction for a long time - but, it's just that our carefulness is paying off.
  • Bubba and Prissy didn't have school today - and I got to work from home. Holy smokes, not so easy. I rented several movies, and got them a Wii game. They were actually really good, for the most part. I was still able to work, and still give them attention, and they didn't bicker too much today. I thank all that is good. I'm not sure if I could have handled it otherwise.
  • Work continues to be good - although, I have to take all the New-Employee classes, which is somewhat silly. I think I probably created some of those classes. *laugh* So, that is sort of boring, but it's short lived.
  • Jasmine still has to wear her collar to keep from biting her incision - she has to keep the collar on until Friday. Then she'll get to take it off (originally it was supposed to come off toady.) She is still running a bit of a fever - even after 8 days of antibiotics. That concerns me, but the vet just wants me to keep giving her the medicine. The good thing is that she is very easy to give medicine too - which I'm grateful for.
  • Hubby is traveling and comes home tomorrow. YAY!

My life in bullets. How is that for fun?

No comments: