Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why did the Turkey Cross the Road?

Yesterday, Prissy and I were driving to the library. I was driving down a neighborhood street that has a golf course nestled in between houses. It also crosses a street (so, as you drive down the street on the right you see house, house, golf course, house on the left side of the street you also see house, house golf course, house.)

Anyway... we were driving down the street about 30 miles per hour when ALL OF THE SUDDEN THERE WAS A STAMPEDE OF TURKEYS!!!!! I shit you not. The "lead" turkey just started running across the street and I had to slam on my breaks. Then, about 15 other turkeys followed behind him. They were running from one side of the golf course to the other. The most hilarious thing? They were using the cross walk...

Prissy and I were trying to decide if:
a) they were exercising so they'd be too lean to eat.
b) they were running from Da Man who was gonna eat them for dinner.
c) or they were preparing for the Turkey Trot - which is just down the way a bit. Seems like their training is paying off - they were FAST!

I wish I could have gotten some pictures, but they were just too fast for me to get my cell phone out.

Anyway, I wish them all the best in their race.

No comments: