Thursday, July 3, 2008

It Just Didn't Happen

So -

We were supposed to go to the Folsom Rodeo this evening. I've been looking forward to it. I should mention - this is California - so Rodeo's aren't really "normal" things to do. Most people went home early from work today because of the long weekend - but I didn't because the Rodeo is in the same city I work and we didn't want to drive all the way back home (an hour each way.)

Anyway, I went and picked up the kids. Prissy had a field trip to a local pool today. She came down the hall and she was as red as a tomato. Completely and totally sunburned from head to toe. So, we went to dinner and she's sort of close to blistery sunburned. I have no doubt that she will be completely miserable tomorrow. I guess they went to the pool and she had forgotten her sunblock at school. I haven't figured out if they said that she would be ok without sunscreen or what... But, I'm really not very happy. I really really wish they would have called me and asked me to bring some for her. Erg... I expect her to be kept safe at the summer camp (also her private school) - and just making sure the kids have sunscreen helps freaking keep them safe when they are in the sun for 4 hours straight at a swimming pool.

Anyway, the last thing that she needed was to sit in the sun for another 2 hours so we decided not to go to the rodeo (also Bubba was complaining of heartburn and a stomachache. He had run out of Prilosec a few days ago. I guess his silent reflux is real and it's not really so silent.) We went to KFC for dinner and we just gave the rodeo tickets to someone - they were really really excited. (we had gotten them for free so it wasn't really money out of our pocket - but still a bummer.)

So, we came home and watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Wow - I used to think that was a really cool movie. It may have been a bit too old for the kids. With Prissy's sunburn and the "scary" movie right before bed - we may be dealing with nightmares tonight. :( I'm such an awesome mom!

So - in a strange turn of events - work was really good today and the home stuff wasn't as great. *laugh*

No comments: