Monday, December 29, 2008

Haven't Stopped Today

Wow - today was a busy busy day.

I haven't stopped until just this second.

It started out with us waking up early and heading over to the ice skating rink to meet a friend. The kids skated while we froze in the stands. DANG it's cold in an ice skating rink - so cold that we could see our breath. BRRRRR!!!!

Then, we went to McDs - figure I better stock up on some fatty Big Macs before the diet restarts. Then, we came home and I made my grocery list and headed out to the store.

As soon as I came back and got the groceries put away, I went out front and took down the Christmas decorations.

THEN - I went and got fabric and batting to finish up my quilt (a qualified quilter tried talking me out of quilting this thing myself - told me that I should just send it out to be done with a long arm quilter (it's a king size). She's probably not wrong - but, I'm going to try to do it myself anyway. (Glutton for punishment.) It took me FOREVER - the place was PACKED. It took me almost 40 mins just to get my fabric cut. WTH? Then, it took me almost 20 minutes to check out - I thought Christmas time was over?

Anyway, I came home, made dinner. Actually, my sister in law sent us Jack Stack BBQ from Kansas City (she is the most awesome person EVER!), I warmed it all up for dinner and it was heavenly. I just don't get BBQ like this in CA. She is my favorite person today.

THEN, I had to go to Fry's to replace my son's MP3 player that he got from his Baba (grandma). I broke it yesterday. And, yes, it was totally and completely my fault. It had this weird charging thing that stuck out of the computer, and I walked past it and broke it off. Anyway, I replaced it with an MP3 that was a bit different - but he's happy.

Then, came home and I'm typing this. I didn't sleep well last night - so I'm pretty exhausted. I'm ready to just sit and read blogs for awhile.

Sorry this post was so freaking boring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which skating rink did you go to ??

Hecticmom Undone said...

Roseville Skatetown - I think it's the only one of any real size in the area. It's REALLY nice. But, cold - it's like ice in there. Harhar...