Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Strange Gift

Our neighbors dropped presents by today - which is so incredibly nice. This whole neighborly thing is quite new to me. This particular neighbor has a 7 year old son who we bring home from school every day. He's a good kid. And we are also very lucky that Bubba and this boy are the best of friends - they play together all the time (which is just awesome - they do all sorts of things and can also go ride their bikes at the park across the street.)

Anyway, they brought a present for Bubba - and Bubba opened it after they left - it was a cheese plate and knife. It was really cute - snowmen on it. But, seems like an odd choice for a 7 year old. I don't think it's the best idea to give Bubba knife at all... *LAUGH*

So dear internets - what do I do? Do I say, "Thank you for the gift - Max loves his cheese plate and knife. It matches his wine glasses.." Or, do I just keep my mouth shut? (They gave Hubby and I presents too - some wonderful gift certificates - which are incredibly generous. It all makes me feel a little weird because I gave them a plate of homemade fudge and they were REALLY generous. They gave Prissy a gift too - a little personalized sign with her name (which is not an easily found name)).

Anyway - weird... Should I say something or just keep my mouth shut? It could be that their other friends end up with a Dangerous Boys book instead of a nice cheese plate. But, then what do we say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could just thank them for their thought-fullness for giving you all Christmas gifts, then put the plate in a re-gifting box with a note that they gave it to you. Then when you need a gift in a hurry, you could use what is in the box if appropriate.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea but I guess I just wouldn't say anything. I'm curious as to what other responses you'll get. What did Bubba think of the cheese plate?