Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love AAA

I can't remember if I posted this or not, but two weeks ago when we were camping, my awesome minivan failed to start when we were leaving the camp site. My battery was dead. We got a jump and it kept on running - so my fears that my alternator was on the fritz were discarded. (I have a very sad story about my alternator being broken long long ago and I got caught somewhere I shouldn't have been at 15 years of age while on a restricted license and I was grounded for an entire month.)

But, today, I was where I was supposed to be and I was being very responsible and I headed out to the grocery store. I went to start my awesome minivan and it wouldn't start. The battery was dead again. My awesome minivan wasn't being very awesome.

I took Hubby's car and went to the store and after I came home I called AAA. Why did I call AAA? Well, they had replaced my battery just under 2 years ago, and the battery they installed had a 36 month warranty. I was going to wait until tomorrow to call, but decided to call on a Sunday afternoon anyway. Fifteen minutes after I called - the tow truck arrived and he did his diagnostics on my not-so-awesome-at-that-moment minivan and determined that there was a bad cell in my battery. So, he replaced it free of charge and went on his merry way.

I have a brand new battery in my now-back-to-awesome minivan. And from the time I called to the time it was all replaced and working - 1 hour. And cost me NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH! I love AAA. (even if they did give me a battery that only lasted 2 years. At least they came out on a Sunday to MY HOUSE to replace it.) While he was replacing the battery I mowed the lawn and did copious amounts of yard work and almost passed out because it was SO FUCKING HOT!!!!

I should mention - that the entire time that I'm bringing in groceries, putting them away, and getting my car fixed while doing yardwork, hubby and the kids were swimming in the pool. After I my awesome minivan was fixed and I was SO FUCKING HOT I was ready to jump in the pool - the kids were done swimming. So, I got to jump in and float around the pool in total and complete solitude - it ROCKED MY WORLD! Until Bubba came out crying that Hubby wouldn't let him have a popcicle because it was too close to dinner time (clearly, my cue to go make dinner. :))

** 5K training note - Prissy and I started on week 4 of our 5K training plan today. It was tough, but we BOTH were able to do it. I'm so proud of Prissy. We were both totally drenched in sweat when we got home at 9:30 this morning!!!! And, I really don't like running... I keep thinking if I do it enough I'll start to enjoy it - it just never happens.

1 comment:

Briya said...

If you keep doing it, you may not learn to love it, but you will learn to love your butt in your jeans? :)