Monday, August 18, 2008

Meet the Teachers

TODAY the kids got to meet their teachers at their new school. Prissy said her stomach is all upside down. She feels like she is getting ready to go on a big rollercoaster. I guess she's pretty nervous. Bubba is so incredibly excited. Both the kids teachers seemed incredibly nice and I liked them both instantly. The classrooms were really big and bright and exciting. The campus is really nice.

The weirder thing - three mom's came up to me and introduced themselves. THREE! Then, they introduced their daughters to Prissy and told her not to worry and that their daughters would help her out. I'm floored. People - MOM's even - talking to me. ME! I realized that at the private school the kids have been going to forever - I have maybe 2 or 3 parents that will even acknowledge that I exist. And one of them is my best friend and the other mom is just really nice to everyone. Everyone else just has their own little cliques (at all activities - birthday parties, school events, etc.) I sort of always thought it was because everyone was so busy. I didn't really go out of my way to talk to anyone either. Although, when I did, it was always sort of awkward. I thought it was just because I was a social retard. It turns out - that most of the parents were snobs. Go figure - at a super elite private school.. Huh... Maybe I'm NOT a social retard after all...

So - I'm excited for the kids. I'm excited for their new school. The balance thing is going to be a little wonky for the next few weeks. I'm just going to need to play it by ear.

No comments: