Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cross Country - In Pictures

Prissy had her first cross country meet today. She did extremely well. There were a CRAZY number of kids - there were 1,500 4th, 5th and 6th graders from all over the county. Prissy placed 99th out of what we think was 150 5th grade girls. So, for not being a runner until very recently - she did great.

Anyway, here are some pictures from today:

Coach prepping the team:
cross_country 008

Stretching:
cross_country 009

Getting excited:
cross_country 010

Principal there to support the team (oh, I could write a whole post on how much I love this school's principal.)
cross_country 012

Getting ready at the starting line:
cross_country 013

Waiting for the gun to go off:
cross_country 018

And their off:
cross_country 019

Almost there, at this point, she had sprinted almost a mile.
cross_country 026

Prissy really enjoyed it and she was so proud of herself. I'm pretty proud of her too. And man is there a lot of excitement at cross country meets!

1 comment:

Kristine Taylor said...

This is SO why I got into running... the excitement. I'm glad that she is discovering it early on. I so wish that I had had this when I was in 5th grade! I can't wait to hear about your 5K coming up soon too! Races are so much fun and it's a blast to be a part of that excitement. If you have a chance, go to one of the marathons that is close to you and cheer them on. It's a great place to really catch running fever! :)

Keep up the good work you two! I'm proud of you guys for your courage to set that 5K goal and go for it!