Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Web Development

Oh dudes -

I'm finally starting to feel better - Thank Gawd. And every night I've been working on the baton website. I really wanted to use Joomla - which is an open source content management system. But, it's not terribly intuitive. I have slogged my way through and now I feel relatively comfortable and I think I've made a pretty nice website. It's still in development, and I still have so many things I want to do - but at least I'm making some progress. I'm digging this CMS - it's so much easier than statically editing the pages. Plus - the other board members can update the website too. (if you'd like to see my sandbox, it's at http://mcvayindustries.com/joomla/.)

So - I done taught myself something. Shoot, I think that learning Joomla was actually on my things to do before I die list. WOOT! It's taken me long enough.

No comments: