Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Date?

Hubby and I went on a date tonight. A real, honest to goodness, date. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary - and while others go away for a weekend, we went away for an evening of dinner. This isn't something that we have done. But, we got dressed up, got a babysitter, put on perfume and the good pearls and went to a rather fancy restaurant (we needed reservations!)

It was absolutely wonderful food. The service was fantastic. There were no screaming and running kids (because ours were at home.) We had a great bottle of wine, appetizers, wonderful main dishes (I had a butternut squash ravioli with walnuts - omg, so good) and even dessert. Holy crap I'm stuffed.

Then, after dinner, we didn't know what to do, so we came home. Baby steps. But, now we have a babysitter!! When I got home I went to check on the kids and they were still awake (but in bed) and my son says, "Can you go out again next week?" So, the babysitter was a hit. It was a teenage girl that does taekwondo with us - her mom also goes to class with us (it's the other woman my age who I really enjoy sparring - we're about the same level.)

Anyway, we went out... It was really nice.... I'm so glad we did it! I actually feel like a grown up.

No comments: