Saturday, February 23, 2008

Obsession with the Dollar Store

My son has an obsession with the Dollar Store. I just found this out.

I commute to work - it's about an hour drive. The kids also go to school close to my work - so they can be near in case anything happens. Plus, we get the commute time to spend together. Anyway, yesterday, Prissy had a field trip that ran way way way over and Bubba and I had to kill some time before we could pick her up and head home.

So, after dinner and frozen yogurt, we went to the Dollar Store - I told Bubba he could get one thing (yeah, I know - I totally spoil him. :)) Man, he was in absolute heaven. We spent a good 30 minutes there and he ended up picking a balloon pumper-upper thing with the long balloons you can make into animal shapes. He was so excited.

We got home and it was really late, so I sent Bubba up to take a shower. Prissy decides to try out Bubba's new toy and breaks it. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. It's a freaking dollar toy and not made well - but when Bubba came down and saw his toy was broken he was crushed. He didn't even get a chance to break it himself. Anyway, Prissy felt horrible and gave him $5 to make up for it.

So, we went to the Dollar Store near us today and Bubba is just obsessed with the place. He bought himself several things. All of it crap. But, at least I won't feel bad throwing it away in 3 or 4 weeks when it becomes clutter.

There is some weird ass shit at the dollar store.

No comments: