Monday, March 10, 2008

Sick Kid and Business

So today my 9 year old daughter was sick. She had a fever of 102 and was coughing up a storm this morning. I took her to the doctor who declared her a virus victim and sent us on our way (fucker - he could have at least given us an antibiotic - the child has been coughing for a week now.)

Anyway, I worked from home today. It's a HELL of a lot easier to work from home with Prissy rather than Bubba. She's quiet and just watches TV. It's pretty nice actually. Anyway, I got some work done today, including attending my US bosses staff meeting.

I also got a note from a friend of mine saying she has a client that is looking for an executive coach. PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!! I TOTALLY LOVE COACHING!!!! Anyway, this might be the start of my new business. How cool would that be?

Can I tell you how much easier today would have been if the kids had gone to the local school? I had evil Physical Therapy and didn't get done until 8ish. That meant that hubby couldn't leave until I got home (because Prissy was sick) that meant that Bubba was late for school (didn't get there until 9am cause we live an hour away). It all sort of sucked. If the kids went to school across the school (literally - it's across the street (which is a part) and through the gate) and you're at school. We could have either just sent Bubba or left Prissy by herself for 5 minutes while hubby walked Bubba to school. So, I think this entire local public school thing will just rock!

Only a few more months until they are attending PUBLIC school. But, I'm not going to be able to work with their public school schedules of getting out early every other week and minimum days and super minimum days.

Anyway, another short post for a boring day.

No comments: