Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to Normal

Well - I went back to work today. I'm not entirely happy about it. Actually, I had a stomach-ache all day yesterday thinking about going to work.. Then, I drank too much last night. I woke up at 4am wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep - just dreading going back to work. And, of course, my day was a typical Monday with my soon to be Italian boss calling me just as soon as I got in. The bonus thing is that he waited until I got to work instead of calling me on my cell phone while I was getting ready for work at 6 in the morning (3pm his time.) I had a wonderful vacation doing absolutely nothing. Makes me look forward to retirement. I think I have about 30 years to go. *LAUGH* My mom just retired and she's really enjoying it. I think I could completely enjoy retirement. Can I tell you that I'm so FREAKING JEALOUS that she is retired. I would give just about anything to not have to work where I'm working right now. Is that even an option? Can I totally re-do my life? I'm not sure what I would do with it. Unfortunately - I make pretty decent money and there isn't anything that could compare to it straight off the bat. I need to figure out what I want to do however.

Anyway, work was work. We are full swing back into life. Prissy had baton tonight, Bubba and Hubby had Taekwondo. Tomorrow night, I have Taekwondo, Bubba has Taekwondo, I'm scheduled to have a haircut, I need to make dinner for the family and I have a staff meeting (from 5 to 8 for christ's sake. What in the fuck was my manager thinking?) all at the same time. It takes me months to get a haircut appointment, so I'm thinking that may be my priority (since the staff meeting was just scheduled yesterday.) Additionally, we have our taekwondo tournament on Saturday and I REALLY need a class. As for work, I sort of shun these late-night-for-no-reason meetings. These men need to get used to having a working woman and mom on their staff that has THINGS to do. Children to tend to! My boss told me once that he was allowed to work late - and that is why his wife stayed at home. OUCH! Who cares if his children have a father - right? Ugh! I'm so glad I have an enlightened husband. Anyway - I'm still up in the air about what I'm going to do for the rest of my life- I'm not in this staff for long, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Prissy said all she had to do was type something up for homework. When we got home (at 8pm) she started working on it and it was a 4 page report she needed to type (which would take her 1-2 hours.) Hubby typed it in for her and then she said she needed to have something called a Computer Aided Design for a floorplan of the Santa Barbara mission. Ummmm.... Hubby asked her how long she has know about it and she said a few weeks. We looked at the assignment and it has been almost 3 months. Well, she can't spring this on us the night before it's due. But, she got the report written up and we just simply copied out the floorplan and put it in the report. I know this is a normal part of childhood (I completely remember a Kansas report that I put off and put off when I was in 4th grade that my mom totally helped me to finish. Must be the age and mindset.) Anyway, I think it's fine. She'll get some points off - but the CAD drawing was meant so they can then build a model of a misson at school. This sucker is like a year long project. And her written report is extremely good. What 4th grader needs a CAD drawing of a mission anyway? Where is a 4th grader supposed to find architectural CAD software? Or the knowledge on how to actually use it? Shit... Dumbass teachers... But, I only say that because she didn't do it. I would be singing her praises had she actually done it like it was assigned. Whatever. She's as lazy as I am.

No comments: