Friday, January 4, 2008

Raining like Hell

Oh my gawd. It rained today. And rained and rained. There was wind - crazy crazy wind. I can't even begin to describe this in a blog. Our fence fell over on the side of our house and a panel in the back. The street light (on top of the lamp post) in the front of our house got blown askew. Today was trash day and several trash cans blew over and there was trash all over the street. It looked like a bomb went off.

However, it meant that I was locked in the house all day. And I quilted like crazy. Didn't get as far as I would have liked, but I still did a lot. I finished World Without End - what a great book! The rest of the day was spent watching the news and the crazy news people that were standing out in the rain and snow. Why do they do that?

Today is the last day of my vacation and I'm sad that I have to go back to work on Monday. But, I plan to enjoy my weekend.

No comments: