Sunday, January 6, 2008

Care-a-Te Monkey


Karate MONKEY!!!!


While I'm not a black belt, nor am I really all that close to it. One more year I think. I'm going to compete in a Taekwondo competition next Saturday. And yes, that is less than a week away. I'm not sure what possessed me to sign up. Peer pressure? Instructor pressure? Probably. I was thinking I was just going to do my form and a freestyle weapon's form. But, I just found out today that I have to spar. Damnit! I super suck at sparring. I'm just not good at it. And I'm thinking I'm going to look like the world's biggest idiot. I think it's the individual events that I will hopefully not make a fool of myself. But, I'm still not sure why I even signed up. On the positive note - hubby also signed up. So, we can look silly together. Although, likely, he will be super awesome (he is really good at his forms and sparring), I will fall down in the middle of my form, and he will win his division and then gloat 'til death do us part. Or, we will find out that we are SUPER CHAMPIONS and we will rule the taekwondo world... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!! Yeah, right! Can I tell you that I am DREADING the competition. Not looking forward to it at all. I'm nervous as hell and I'll be nervous until I finish this crazy competition. Good thing I have things like work (ugh) and Prissy's birthday to distract me until this weekend. GAH!

No comments: