Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back to Work Blues

I forgot how tired I am when I'm working and doing all the kid stuff. I'm not even sure I have enough energy to drink two glasses of wine tonight. I was doing so great exercising every day - and since I've gone back to work, I'm just SO TIRED that I can't seem to make myself exercise right now. It doesn't help that I think exercising is the suck. So, I'm giving myself this week to re-adjust to real life. This happens to be a busier than normal week anyway, so whatever.

Work today was totally whack. I had to basically do a 2-3 week project in a matter of hours. The good thing is that I realize I've become really good at getting stuff done. I also realized that I'm incredibly full of bull-shit and can make anything work. I go over the project with the VPs tomorrow, so we'll see how that turns out. I actually rather enjoyed it - I turned on the tunes on my iPhone, cancelled all my meetings and just focused on something. Which is totally unusual. I usually have to delegate my work to everyone because I'm too busy with meetings where people give us more work for me to delegate out. But, that is actually my job - as I'm the boss. Or, I guess I'm now the deputy boss.

Speaking of exercising - I'm down 10.2 pounds!!!! Yay me!!! It's not coming off super fast, but I'm good with that. I'm definately not perfect every day, but I'm doing really good and if I'm sabataged with a cookie at lunch (stupid fucking sandwich place gave us a delicious free cookie -the bastards) I don't give up on my day and still eat a healthy dinner.

Although, one of the guys that works for me also sabataged me by bringing in fudge and waving it in front of my face and not leaving when I told him to get THE FUCK out of my office. I called him many many nasty names and he just laughed and told me I had to eat at least one. He also kept telling me how good it was. And then I ate one and holy crap it WAS good. BUT, I stuck with my salad for dinner (I almost decided to throw in the towel and have a big mac, but I didn't. It's the small things that make me feel like I haven't totally screwed myself.) But, I have to say that most days I stick to the not-a-diet-but-a-live-it (ugh!). Oh my gawd - I used to go to Weight Watchers meetings (that is the program I'm following now, but with the online tools instead of the meetings) and the head teacher lady actually said that, "It's not a DIE-it, it's LIVE-it." I don't think I will ever forget that for as long as I live. (it actually was about 11 years ago.)

I'm exhausted and I'm done blogging for tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I'm glad we found each other.

Momisodes said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I would have wanted to kill the dude from the office too....