Monday, May 5, 2008

Things to do before I die

My 100 things to do before I die list (which is on the side of this blog):

01. Get a Masters Degree - DONE
02. Earn a Black Belt
03. Run (or walk) a marathon
04. See Great Wall of China
05. Volunteer in a Women's Shelter
06. Go to Australia
07. Start my own business.
08. Have a total net worth of $1M
09. Own a house with an in-ground pool
10. Be my own boss.
11. Parasail
12. Write a book.
13. Plant a Garden
14. Plant an orange tree.
15. Learn basic Italian,
16. Be able to do 30 "real" pushups
17. See the egyptian pyramids.
18. Go Kayaking.
19. Scuba Dive
20. Ride a bike a significant distance
21. Hike Half-dome
22. Try to surf.
23. Witness a salmon spawning
24. Visit Every State in the US.
25. Ride in a hot air balloon.
26. Ride a Camel.
27. Have a girls-only weekend at a spa.
28. Join a bunco group.
29. Take tap dancing lessons.
30. Have at least one blog site ask me to be a contributing author.
31. Grow my hair long at least one more time.
32. Learn how to really use Photo Shop
33. Learn how to really use Pinnacle.
34. Host a fundraising event for the foundation for fighting blindness.
35. Make people more aware of food allergies.
36. Learn joomla.
37. Declutter, organize and redecorate my house.
38. Have my children grow up to be non-dependant adults
39. Learn to take better pictures.
40. Get my public notary certification
41. Become PMP certified.
42. Learn how to use a serger.
43. Sew something useful on a serger.
44. See the Grand Canyon.
45. Find 1000 geocaches.
46. See a TV comedyshow being taped live.
47. Host a dinner party
48. Create a picture scrapbook of both kids from birth to their current age.
49. Successfully grow bonsai trees.
50. Go to Italy - DONE
51. See the aurora borealis.
52. Play in the rain with my kids.
53. Go camping with the family and tell stories around the camp fire.
54. Develop a production website for a business.
55. Complete my list of 100 things to do before I die.
56. Ride a motorcycle.
57. Exercise Regularly
58. Swim with the dolphins
59. Speak in front of 100 people or more
60. Make smores with my kids.
61. Learn to use Microsoft Expression
62. Change my own oil.
63. Learn how to tile (and tile bathroom)
64. Zipline

The most sad thing - there are only 64 things on my 100 things list (and 62 are not done). And item 55 - is to complete my list. I figure I'll do that sometime.

While this list is supposed to be inspiring - it actually makes me a bit depressed. There is so much I want to do - and my days are full of work and kids sports. Little time to actually complete anything on the list.

I actually just re-read through them and I'm relatively close to a couple. I might even be able to cross off having an in-ground pool in a week or so. And I'm still working towards a black belt - maybe in a year or so - that was a very long term goal.

I encourage you all to create your own 100 things list (or 64 it doesn't matter) and post your links in the comments.. If I was a really good blogger - I'd have a little graphic that you could post in your blog entry and once a month (on the 5th?) we can update each other on our 100 list. Ohhhh.... Maybe I'll add that as item number 65 - create a blog graphic that people can link to.

1 comment:

Momisodes said...

Wow! That's a great list! I can't imagine making a list of 100 things. I'm intimidate by long lists. I wish I could do 30 push-ups too. We share a few goals in common :)