Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Day I've Been Looking Forward To

I got to sleep in. Yes, yes, I know - I didn't think it would happen either. But, I slept in and the phone didn't ring. The kids didn't fight. I slept and I feel so refreshed. Until tomorrow - when I have to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn.

Anyway, we had a really really nice day - it was absolutely gorgeous. I did my typical errands of grocery store (and now since I go to Walmart - I get my drugstore stuff done too.) I got the Mother's Day gift ready for my mom and it's all packaged and ready to send tomorrow. Yippee! And then we did this:




Which was very cool. Unfortunately, the rocket drifted WAY out of the park and ended up in someone's backyard down the street. Hubby and Prissy were able to retrieve it and the woman at the house was very nice and said it happens all the time.

Then we did some geocaching. We had our geocaching mojo on today and found 4 out of the 4 caches we looked for. One was even a 2 stage multicache. It was perfect weather. The caches we went on were all pretty good hikes - so we got a bit of exercise in as well (and maybe some poison oak).

Then, we came home, cooked some dinner and I'm writing my blog super duper early. Rock on for me! It would have been a perfect day - except for the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow.

Oh yeah, did I mention we got a fence contractor and we're getting our fence repaired? We have to have it fixed before we can put water into the pool - so we need to get on it. Ugh. It's terribly expensive. Anyway, that is our wonderful day today.

Sunshine (although right now it's weirdly thundering and raining), rocket launching, geocaching, and just getting shit done.

No comments: